Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation. A desire to innovate and bring about positive change motivates our students and staff. The result is in an institution that grows and evolves each year. In 2016, for the fourth consecutive year, Swinburne was ranked among the world’s top 400 universities by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. In 2017 we advanced to number 61 in theTimes Higher Education Young University Rankings.
The prestigious Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) ranked Swinburne as one of the world's top 500 universities in 2016. Swinburne achieved a top 75 ranking in the ARWU in the field of civil engineering and has ranked in the top 200 institutions in the world in science.
Swinburne also features in the QS rankings for our world-class graduate employability. The QS Graduate Employability Rankings are based on graduate employment rates and partnerships between universities and employers. This ranking reinforces Swinburne's reputation as a university that provides practical career outcomes for its graduates.
Swinburne was recognised as having one of the best design schools in the world by the 2016 QS World Rankings of Universities by Subject. The university was one of only three institutions in Melbourne to be listed in the top 50 for the Art and Design subject area.
Students come first at Swinburne. Our courses are designed with your future in mind. Swinburne offers high-quality teaching, opportunities to engage with industry, state-of-the-art facilities and flexible study options.
Choose a study area below:
1) Arts and Humanities https://www.swinburne.edu.au/study/find-a-course/arts-social-sciences/
3) Built Environment and Architecture https://www.swinburne.edu.au/study/find-a-course/built-environment-architecture/
8) Film and Television https://www.swinburne.edu.au/study/find-a-course/film-television/
9) Games and Animation https://www.swinburne.edu.au/study/find-a-course/games-animation/
9) Information Technology https://www.swinburne.edu.au/study/find-a-course/information-communication-technologies/
11) Media and Communication https://www.swinburne.edu.au/study/find-a-course/media-communications/
12) Psychology https://www.swinburne.edu.au/study/find-a-course/psychology/